Scott M. Anthony, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
3-501 Bowen Science Building
51 Newton Road
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1109
2015 Ph.D. Program in Immunology, The University of Texas Graduate School Biomedical Sciences, Houston, TX
2010 M.S. Biotechnology, Kriegar School of Arts and Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
2007 B.S.General Biology, Eberly College of Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
My research involves investigating the requirements for the generation and maintenance of resident memory CD8 T cells.
- Kurup SP, Anthony SM, Hancox LS, Vijay R, Pewe LL, Moioffer SJ, Sompallae R, Janse CJ, Khan SM, Harty JT., Monocyte-Derived CD11c+ Cells Acquire Plasmodium from Hepatocytes to Prime CD8 T Cell Immunity to Liver-Stage Malaria. Cell Host Microbe. Mar 13. pii: S1931-3128(19)30110-6. doi: 10.1016/j.chom.2019.02.014.
- Kurup SP, Obeng-Adjei N, Anthony SM, Traore B, Doumbo OK, Butler NS, Crompton PD, Harty JT. Regulatory T cells impede acute and long-term immunity to blood-stage malaria through CTLA-4. Nat Med. 2017 Sep 11. PMCID: PMC5649372.
- Danahy DB, Anthony SM, Jensen IJ, Hartwig SM, Shan Q, Xue HH, Harty JT, Griffith TS, Badovinac VP. Polymicrobial sepsis impairs bystander recruitment of effector cells to infected skin despite optimal sensing and alarming function of skin resident memory CD8 T cells. PLoS Pathog. 2017 Sep 14;13(9):e1006569. PMCID: PMC5599054
- Collar AL, Clarke EC, Anaya E, Merrill D, Yarborough S, Anthony SM, Kuhn JH, Merle C, Theisen M, Bradfute SB. Comparison of N- and O-linked glycosylation patterns of ebolavirus glycoproteins.Virology. 2016 Dec 13;502:39-47. PMID: 27984785 DOI: 10.1016/j.virol.2016.12.010
- Anthony SM, Rivas SC, Colpitts SL, Howard ME, Stonier SW and Schluns KS. Inflammatory Signals Regulate IL-15 in Response to Lymphodepletion. J Immunol. 2016 Jun 1;196(11):4544-52. PMCID: PMC4875792.
- Anthony, SM, Bradfute SB. Filoviruses: One of These Things is (not) Like the Other. Viruses. 2015 Sep 29;7(10):5172-90. PMCID: PMC4632375.
- Li J, Huang X, Dorta-Estremera S, Di Domizio J, Anthony, SM, Popkin D, Brohawn P, Yao Y, Schluns KS, Lanier LL, and Cao W. Neutrophils regulate humoral autoimmunity by restricting interferon gamma production from natural killer cells. Cell Rep. 2015 Aug 18;(7):1120-32. PMCID: PMC4545388
- Bradfute SB, Anthony SM, Stuthman KS, Ayithan N, Tailor P, Bray M, Ozato K, and Bavari S. Mechanisms of immunity in post-infection vaccination against Ebola virus infection. PLoS One. 2015 March 18;10(3):e0118434. PMCID: PMC4364937
- Anthony SM, Howard ME, Hailemichael Y, Overwijk WW and Schluns KS. Soluble Interleukin-15 complexes are generated in vivo by type I Interferon dependent and independent pathways. PLoS One. 2015 March 10;10(3):e0120274. PMCID: PMC4354909.
- Ayithan N, Bradfute SB, Anthony SM, Stuthman KS, Bavari S, Bray M, and Ozato K. Virus-Like Particles Activate Type I Interferon Pathways to Facilitate Post-Exposure Protection against Ebola Virus Infection. PLoS One. 2015 February 26;(2):e0118345. PMCID: PMC4342244.
- Anthony SM and Schluns KS. Review: Emerging roles for IL-15 in the activation and function of T cells during stimulation. Research and Reports in Biology. 2015 February 25(6):25-37.
- Nuss JE, Kehn-Hall K, Benedict A, Costantino J, Ward M, Peyser BD, Retterer CJ, Tressler LE, Wanner LM, McGovern HF, Zaidi A, Anthony SM, Kota KP, Bavari S, Hakami RM. Multi-faceted proteomic characterization of host protein complement of Rift Valley fever virus virions and identification of specific heat shock proteins, including HSP90, as important viral host factors. PLoS One. 2014 May 8;9(5):e93438. PMCID: PMC4014464.
- Singh S, Yang G, Schluns KS, Anthony SM, Sastry KJ. Sublingual Vaccination Induces Mucosal and Systemic Adaptive Immunity for Protection against Lung Tumor Challenge. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 5;9(3):e90001. PMCID: PMC3943861.
- Ayithan N, Bradfute SB, Anthony SM, Bray M, Bavari S, and Ozato K. Ebola Virus-Like Particles Stimulate Type I Interferons and Proinflammatory Cytokine Expression through the Toll-like receptor and Interferon Signaling Pathways. Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research. 2014 Feb;34(2):79-89. PMCID: PMC3924795.